various ritual churches









various ritual churches


Question from on 05-31-2007:


Hello Fr Levis,

The concept of various ritual
churches is new to me and I was wondering if you could claify something
for me. Years ago at confirmation, my sponsor was a priest who was
serving at our Latin church. I found out recently that he was ordained
a Malabar Catholic priest snd is now a Malabar Bishop in Chicago. My
question is, Since he is a Malabar priest, why was he able to celebrate
Latin Mass and, was there any problem choosing a confirmation sponsor
from a different ritual church?

Thnka you and God Bless



Answer by Fr. Robert J. Levis on 06-01-2007:
Matthew, I see no real problem here. If he
baptized you in the Malabar rite, yes, I think there would be a
problem. Malabar priests baptize for their own rite, not another. God
bless. Fr. Bob Levis

No comments:

Post a Comment