new brown scapular









new brown scapular


Question from on 06-03-2007:


Hello
There is a new 'little', more attractive scapular that is being sold in
all the Catholic religion stores these days My daughters all have them
and are now supplying my grandchildren with these. I went to a sight
about 'scapulars' and what I read very specifically says to have the
indulgences, a scapular must be cut from the brown wool of the
Carmelite order. These new scapulars, while seeking to imitate the old
in as much as they have a pic on either end, are encapsulated in wood
covered with plastic. There are differing answers when I push my kids
to ask their priest. One said only 'purists' wear the old. Can I get a
difinitive answer anywhere? Thank you, God bless you all, Louise


Answer by Rev. Mark J. Gantley, JCL on 06-19-2007:

The Handbook on Indulgences only requires that a scapular be blessed in order to receive the
indulgence attached to its use.




Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment