How often can one receive Communion?









How often can one receive Communion?


Question from on 06-03-2007:


My daughter was told she could not receive communion at a Saturday
evening mass and then receive again the following day if she attended
Sunday morning mass. I don't think that is correct. Please clarify this
for us.

Also,
I was under the impression one can receive communion twice in the same
day day under certain circumstances. My understanding was that at least
one of the two communions must take place in the context of Mass. For
example, I could receive at Mass and then receive again at a communion
service on the same day, or I could attend two different masses on the
same day and receive both times. Please clarify this for us as well.
Thank you!



Answer by Rev. Mark J. Gantley, JCL on 06-05-2007:

She can certainly receive Holy Communion at both Masses.

A person may receive Holy Communion twice in one day. The only limitation it that the
second time that Holy Communion is received must be at a Mass. The first reception can be
at a Communion service, while in a sickbed at home or in a hospital, or at Mass.





Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment