Documentary on miracle of Pacocha submarine debuts in Peru

.-
The documentary “Miracle on the Pacocha,” which recounts
the miraculous rescue of the crew of the submarine BAP Pacocha that
sunk off the coast of Peru and which occurred thanks to the
intercession of the Croatian nun Mother Maria of Jesus Crucified
Petkovic was recently debuted during a private screening.

On August 26, 1988, the Pacocha submarine collided with the Japanese
fishing boat Kiowa Maru.  After the captain of the sub died,
Lieutenant Roger Cotrina realized that it would be humanly impossible
to avoid a tragedy, as the pressure from the water prevented the crew
from closing an internal compartment that would have kept them alive.



“I couldn’t breathe and so I began to think as hard as I
could about Sister Maria Petkovic (foundress of the Congregation of the
Daughters of Mercy).  I closed my eyes and I prayed.  I
repeated the prayer that I had heard, I thought of her and suddenly I
saw a brilliant light,” he said.  At that moment a
supernatural force helped him close the door. A military commission
later determined that what Cotrina did was humanly impossible.



Eight crew members died during the incident, but the twenty-two
survivors said it was thanks to the intercession of Mother Maria de
Jesus that they were alive and that she helped them to avoid a greater
disaster.  The Croatian nun was beatified on June 6, 2003, by Pope
John Paul II, thanks to the miracle that saved the Peruvian
sailors.  Cotrina and his wife participated in the ceremony. 



The private screening of the documentary was attended by survivors
of the accident and their families, as well as members of Mother
Maria’s congregation, the Vice President of Peru, Luis
Giampietri, and top Navy officials.





Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment