New Age Rosary Question









New Age Rosary Question


Question from on 06-17-2007:


Dear Dr. Geraghty,

I don't know that this
question really belongs under philosophy, but I saw that there was
already a warning about the "New Age Rosaries" on your forum. What I
was wondering is if this is real. I have also heard about these
rosaries and have found some of them, only in others color besides just
the colors listed. If this is real, is it possible that these symbol
could be found on other rosaries besides the plastic ones? I have found
two chain rosaries that have rather strange things on them; one has
multiple faces that are not pleasant looking and the other looks like
it has the heads of horned animals on it. Should I destroy them? Any
information that I could get on if this is real, I would be grateful.
Thank you very much!



Answer by Richard Geraghty on 06-23-2007:

Dear SK,

I do not know anything about the
New Age rosaries other than what I have hear in this forum. The
medieval cathedrales had gargoyles on them and Mary is often depicted
and crushing the head of a snake. So unless a rosary is obviously
weird, I would not worry about it.

Dr. Geraghty





Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment