Marian Doctrine









Marian Doctrine


Question from on 05-31-2007:


Hello Father,
Thank you for taking the time to answer this. I am a soon to be
Catholic going through RCIA. Unfortunately the rest of my family is
still baptist and this leads to some disagreements on biblical issues
among other things. I recently got into a discussion about Mary which,
as you may know, is a point of great contention with protestants. I
tried to explain that Mary is not worshiped as a redeemer or at all for
that matter and that her roll and due respect in the process of
redemption is as the facilitator of the redeemer and as such the mother
of the church which is in Christ. Is this a fair way to present Mary or
do I need to revise my explanation to them? and if so how? thanks again
God bless, Dan


Answer by Fr. Robert J. Levis on 06-01-2007:
Dan, You are correct, sharp, right. All Baptists
love Jesus so I suggest that you bring out how intimate Jesus' love for
his mother must be. Jesus in a short life spent most of it with his
mother, Mary. 30 years with Mary, 3 years with the Apostles. His first
miracle, at Cana, was worked thru Mary. Try this. Fr. Bob Levis

No comments:

Post a Comment