The Eucharist













The Eucharist

Question from Michael on 4/26/2008:


Dear Padre,

Last
Sunday I did not feel worthy to take communion because at the time I
did not have any confidence in the Eucharist. I am not in mortal sin,
but I was wondering if it is a sin or justified to refuse communion
simply because of the old excuse, "I didn't feel like it." I feel I
should take our Lord's supper seriously if I am to partake. Please
offer your feedback. Thank you.

Answer by Fr. Jay Toborowsky on 5/21/2008:

I was wondering if it is a sin or justified to refuse communion simply because of the old
excuse, "I didn't feel like it." I feel I should take our Lord's supper seriously if I am to partake.
Please offer your feedback.

You didn't "feel" like it? What's up with that? The Lord of life offers himself to you, and you
sound uninterested? Knock that off! Respect!

No comments:

Post a Comment