Re: Miracle at Fatima


Question from HF on 1/11/2008:

Fr.Robert Levis I want to first thank you for answering my question on Fatima and to also apologize for my bad spelling(no question mark)and not signing off. I have to admit it was a bit crude and done in haste. I'm aware that miracles were performed by some of the apostles.Padre Pio I believe performed them as well, Moses parted the Red Sea yet none of them would dare ascribe any of these miracles to themselves.As you stated in your answer they were all done through the power of God. "I will perform a miracle.....", was a statement made by Our Lady to the children at Fatima. I find it hard to believe that she is capable of making a statement like that knowing that she cannot perform a miracle unless it is Gods' will. Why did she not acknowledge this ? Perhaps I've overlooked something,I don't know. I don't expect this to be posted as I realize this is not a forum for dialogue but I just had to clarify myself. Thank You again FR. Robert Levis and God Bless.

HF

Answer by Fr. Robert J. Levis on 1/11/2008:

HF, Any and all supernatural and miraculous work done by Mary are done by her dependent upon, and in subordination to her Son, Jesus. All thru Christian history Mary was the one ordinarily addressed by the poor and the humble when in distress. History shows evidence on evidence of her active role in protecting her believing children in times of starvation, floods, hurricanes, wars, etc. etc. Fr. Bob Levis

No comments:

Post a Comment