Praying to the dead


Question from Isabel on 1/26/2008:

I was recently speaking to a non-Catholic. I told her that I pray to the Blessed Mother. She told me that the Bible specifically forbids us to pray to anyone who has died. I am expecting that she will eventually give me some passages that she feels will prove her point.

I know that the Bible forbids us to contact the dead in a séance, but could you tell me how to explain in very simple terms and using passages from the Bible why we believe it's not only okay but important to look for the intercession of the saints?

If you wouldn't mind, please explain the passages that you use since I often have difficulty interpreting the Bible.

Answer by Catholic Answers on 1/28/2008:

Isabel--

Recommended reading:

What is the difference between talking to a saint and talking to a ghost?

Michelle Arnold
Catholic Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment