Eucharist in Apostles Creed


Question from BVB on 2/15/2008:  
Fr, Levis, As a member of the RCIA support team for my parish, I have reviewed and discussed all parts of the Apostles' Creed with candidates for several years. I have often wondered (privately) why receiving the Eucharist was not included in the Creed. Since the Eucharist is the summit and summary of our Christian faith, why is it not listed in the Creed? I have asked this question to local priests and also have posted it on EWTN but have never received an answer. Please share with me any thoughts or information you may have on this matter. Thank you for devoting your life to Christ and entering the priesthood. My prayers are with you.
Answer by Fr. Robert J. Levis on 2/15/2008: 
BVB, Best thing for you is to consult a Biblical scholar who makes these most ancient texts his subject matter. I surely can't help. Fr. Bob Levis

No comments:

Post a Comment