catholic wedding vs lutheran wedding

Question from Mary in Minnesota on 1/10/2008:

Hello, I was wondering, I have a son who is planning on getting married. He was baptised lutheran but grew up as a catholic after I converted. and his fiance was raised catholic but here parents are lutheran. They are planning on getting married but which church should they be married in. The Catholic church or the Lutheran Church. It made me hurt when he said they will be married in the lutheran church. they aren't practicing catholics. Please set my mind at ease if at all possible. thank you. Troubled Mary in Minnesota.

Answer by Fr. Robert J. Levis on 1/10/2008:

Mary, Have the marriage in a Catholic Church before the priest, assisted by the bride's Protestant minister. This is a happy compromise with all parties happy. God bless the young couple. Fr. Bob Levis

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 30, 2008

    Have the marriage in a Lutheran Church before the Pastor, assisted by the groom's Roman Catholic priest. THIS is a happy compromise, as the bride and groom have already selected the Lutheran Church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same situation. My remedy as the the Catholic groom was to read the bible and subsequently am becoming Lutheran.

    ReplyDelete