priest offering communion to non-catholic

Document Title: "priest offering communion to non-catholic
Question from on 05-11-2007:
A woman who is methodist attends mass with her catholic family. She told me that on Easter Sunday the priest went up to her (she was in the front pew) and whispered, 'it's ok to come to communion this once.' I told her it was not ok and I told her that as catholics we believe in the true presence of Christ in the Eucharist and as a methodist she doesn't have the same belief. I don't attend the same church, it's at a neighboring parish. My question is should I do anything with this information or just pray for this priest?
Answer by Fr. Robert J. Levis on 05-12-2007:
Yes, Anon, there are some circumstances when a non-Catholic may receive the Eucharist, but these are rare and were not present (to my knowledge) in the post you reported. Fr. Bob Levis"

No comments:

Post a Comment