Marriage to someone who already has kids..

Marriage to someone who already has kids..
Question from Ben on 8/21/2008:

Reverend Father,

As I am interested in marriage a question has come up. Am I as a man permitted to marry a woman who already has children from a previous marriage or "relationship" assuming all other canonical matters are resolved?

I'm not currently looking to do so but I feel I should disqualify a woman who already has kids because of the problems and confusion it would cause for the children, much less for me. Thank you.
Answer by Rev. Mark J. Gantley, JCL on 8/21/2008:

There is nothing prohibiting you from marrying a woman who already has children, provided that you both are otherwise free to marry.

It is perfectly fine for you to be cautious about this and be realistic about the difficulties and challenges that might be involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment