Sermon on the Mount

Sermon on the Mount
Question from luke mannello on 4/2/2008:

Dear EWTN Staff, I am writing again to ask whether or not Mathew 5, 6, and 7 could be read at Mass in lieu of a homily? I received some literature in response to my earlier e-mail, but did not get an answer. I write this in the vein of Paul's Letter to the Galatians, 4:18. I am grateful to receive EWTN in my cable package. Keep up the good work! Respectfully, Luke Mannello
Answer by David Gregson on 5/8/2008:

The answer is no. The homily is an indispensible part of the liturgy. It is (or should be) an exposition of Scripture readings, fixed in the 3-year cycle of the lectionary, which include Matthew 5-7 (the Sermon on the Mount). I don't see the relevance of Galatians 4:18 to your question.

No comments:

Post a Comment