Padre Pio

Question from Renee on 9/8/2007: I came home to the Catholic Church 3 years ago and I really enjoy reading about the Saints (pending Saints included) I read a booklet about Padre Pio and think he is awesome. I love how he was not afraid to speak TRUTH to people. When we believe the TRUTH is the TRUTH, we don't try and water it down--it is of no benefit to anyone. Given Padre Pio's beliefs about other churches, etc., how well do you think he would be received in this day of "I'm okay, you're okay" philosophy? Thanks and God bless. Answer by Fr. Jay Toborowsky on 9/28/2007: As a priest, I often think that if I were to behave in the way Padre Pio did when it came to telling the truth to people (especially in the confessional), there would be many, many letters to the bishop complaining about me being "uncaring", "unpastoral", and "insensitive".

No comments:

Post a Comment