Eucharistic Minister

Question from Anonymous on 10/20/2007:

I was hoping you could answer this because the spirituality bin isnt open I had thought before i was being a decent person, doing OK as a christian...at least I was told that by a confessor. However, I went to another confessor and he said I had been recieving communion and mortal sin-not in venial sin like I was told. Basically, i am doing much worse than I thought. Lately, I have also been feeling Very angry at God. Sounds bad-yes, but its true. Unfortunately, I had signed on to be a Eucharistic Minister and with the state I am in and my ambivalent feelings towars God I dont know if I should...Its just our pastor said everyone should join a church ministry and be involved so I felt guilty and joined. It sounded like a good thing at the time, but I am such a lousy person so I dont know. I dont want to be irresonsible though and go back on my commitment. What should I do?

Answer by Fr. Robert J. Levis on 10/22/2007:

dear Anon, You need to have a long talk about these negative feelings with your spiritual director, your priest. Call him today. Fr. Bob Levis

No comments:

Post a Comment