ACTION ALERT: The most sweeping pro-abortion bill ever proposed in Illinois: HB-5615, the "Reproductive Justice and Access Act" heads for floor vote
3/9/2008 11:25:00 PM -Pro-Life Action League
We need your help TODAY to defeat the most sweeping pro-abortion bill ever proposed in Illinois: HB-5615, the "Reproductive Justice and Access Act".
* Kill all restrictions on abortion in the state, including parental notification and the partial birth abortion ban.
* Force pro-life health care professionals to cooperate in abortion by making abortion referrals.
* Mandate "comprehensive" sex-ed programs, which promote promiscuity and undermine the family, for all public schools.
* Require taxpayers to fund abortions through Medicaid.
* Keep abortion 100% legal in Illinois if Roe v. Wade is ever overturned in the Supreme Court.
It is expected that this bill will pass through committee tomorrow and then quickly go to the House floor for a vote. We must act now to defeat this pernicious bill!
Call your state rep TODAY and say, "Vote NO on HB-5615." Here are some tools to help you:
* If you know who your state rep is, get contact info here:
* Look up your state rep and get contact info here:
It is especially important that doctors, nurses pharmacists and
other health care professionals call.
For more information, including links to the full text of HB-5615
and analysis of the bill, see:
Please forward this alert to all your friends and family in
Illinois. This bill is a terrible threat to the pro-life movement
Yours for Life,
Eric J. Scheidler
Pro-Life Action League