Christian burial

Question from Betsy on 3/21/2008:

My father, a life long Catholic, died of natural causes a year ago at the age of 88. He received a Catholic funeral Mass. Following Mass, my brother had my father's body cremated, and the remains are in my brother's home; my brother said my father wanted to be buried with my mother when she passes. They were married for 65 years at the time of my father's death. Although a very sweet and loving sentiment of my father's love and devotion to my mother, shouldn't my father's remains be buried in blessed ground? Thank you for your comments.

Answer by Fr. Robert J. Levis on 3/21/2008:
Betsy, My impression that the remains at home are temporary and Father's remains eventually will be buried with Mother's. A Happy Easter. Fr. Bob Levis

No comments:

Post a Comment