EWTN.com - Purification of vessels after Holy Mass

EWTN.com - Purification of vessels after Holy Mass: "Purification of vessels after Holy Mass
Question from Angry Altar Boy on 10/11/2008:

I am a 17 year old Altar boy at my parish. I am also discerning a vocation to the priesthood. At Mass there was precious blood left in a EMHC Chalice after Mass it was taken in back to the sacristy. The Altar workers didn't know what to do with him. By then the priest had already left. I reverently consumed the precious blood. Was I alright in doing this. They planned to dilute the blood with water and pour it down the sink, not a secrarium. I understand only an isitituted acolyete may purify the vessels but if I were to open the sacristy cupboard, I could make a holy hour because I know that the particles of the Blessed Sacrament are still in Patens, Ciboriums etc...

Please help!
Answer by Rev. Mark J. Gantley, JCL on 10/14/2008:

I think that you need to discuss this situation with your pastor. It is very serious to leave the Eucharist as you have described."

1 comment:

  1. Gambling is a sin, so why do Catholics go to bingo to raise fumds? PLEASE RESPOND Linda MY EMAIL linhorn10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete