EWTN.com - Your TV Mass

EWTN.com - Your TV Mass: "Your TV Mass
Question from Ruthven E Jackie on 8/8/2008:

Hello,

Peace for the heart!

I recently read in the GIRM that there should only be one cross in the sanctuary either on the Altar or next to it but I noticed that you always have two during Mass on TV. Can you explain why for me please?

Shalom, Mr. Ruthven Jackie.

Answer by David Gregson on 9/29/2008:

The General Instruction of the Roman Missal (308) implies a single crucifix, namely one set on or near the altar. This wouldn't preclude, however, the entrance of a processional cross into the sanctuary, which is (I presume) the second cross you refer to."

9 comments:

  1. Does watching the mass on TV satisfy the commandment to keep the sabbath?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,

    According to the forum in EWTN website, watching tv mass is for who cannot go to the church due to physically ill. I you need further clarification you may direct your question to that forum. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I right in thinking that Palm Sunday and Passion Sunday were held on separate Sundays before Easter in the past?Palm Sunday two Sundays before Easter and Passion Sunday the Sunday preceeding Easter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 05, 2009

    I watch your Daily Mass every day. I wanted to say that I especially enjoy when Father Anthony Mary gives mass. His sermons are always interesting therefore begins my day on a positive note! Thank you Father Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 27, 2009

    If you would like people to make
    a donation to EWTN please think about making it a little easier...after all this is the electronic age with electronic banking etc. It seems to me the least you can do is put infomation on your web site that is easy to find...what a jumble
    you have at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it a sin to play the lotto.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i live and work in saudi arabia this is a muslim country i am happy and so very proud of the good work your station does.i follow the holy mass whenever i am free all i can do is pray for your team Amen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why do you say so much of the Mass in latin? Many people don't understand it including myself and I though the Mass was suppose to be said in the language the people understand like English???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a returning Catholic and EWTN has a lot to do with my returning to the CATHOLIC FAITH!!
    THANK THE GOOD LORD FOR YOU!!
    GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!!
    Sincerely YOURS
    Liz

    ReplyDelete