EWTN.com - which Gospel?

EWTN.com - which Gospel?: "which Gospel?
Question
Hello Fr. Echert,

The other day someone asked a question in the spirituality forum concerning prayers of petition. A part of the response was, 'We pray continuously because of the example the Lord gives in the Gospel of the woman who pesters a judge to make a ruling in her favor.'

I too struggle to understand the purpose of this type of prayer and have asked the same questions as the other person.

My question for you is what Gospel was this referring to? Also, any other references/examples you could suggest to help me with this would be appreciated. --- I know that The Lord's Prayer is an example of prayer of petition and I have already read the CCC 2629 - 2636.

Thank you Fr. Echert- both for answering my question and volunteering your time here on the forum.



Answer by Fr. John Echert on 9/6/2008:

Chapter 18 of Saint Luke reads:

And he spoke also a parable to them, that we ought always to pray, and not to faint, 2 Saying: There was a judge in a certain city, who feared not God, nor regarded man. 3 And there was a certain widow in that city, and she came to him, saying: Avenge me of my adversary. 4 And he would not for a long time. But afterwards he said within"

No comments:

Post a Comment