Suffering and Our Lady of Guadalupe

Suffering and Our Lady of Guadalupe
Question from Michele on 5/27/2008:

I recently received an email from Women of Grace which quoted Our Lady's words to Juan Diego:

"Am I not here who am your Mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not the source of your joy? Are you not in the folds of my mantle, in the crossing of my arms? Do you need anything more?"

How can I understand this in light of the recent tragedies in China and Myanmar? How were any of these victims under the shadow and protection of Our Lady? How are any of us, for that matter, with so much horror happening around us (and to us), each day?
Answer by Catholic Answers on 5/28/2008:

Michele--

Recommended reading:

The Problem of Suffering Reconsidered by Peter Kreeft

Michelle Arnold
Catholic Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment