Kneeling Before Communion

Good Morning, I am a newly baptized Catholic who is on fire for God and my Faith! My walk with Christ has just accelerated and everyday I find myself closer to him. One thing that is weighing on my mind is that I can't help want to kneel before my King at communion. That is what people do before King's correct!? I have been kneeling but after reading other questions that have been answered on this topic I feel that I am upseting the Mass. I don't want to distract people who are receiving communion but I have a loyalty to Christ. I guess I don't want to seem rebellious because that isn't my goal. I just get frustrated that the idea of having to stand is to make the Mass go by quicker, well it it hurts. We are called to be servants to God. The least we can do is spend time with him, I mean who doesn't want to? I apologize if I am rambling but this is something dear to me. My question is I am okay with kneeling and receiving on the tongue for communion? Thank you so much by the way for all that you do, this website has helped me almost daily to grow! Brooke Answer by David Gregson on 8/31/2007: I can understand your wanting to kneel before your Lord when receiving Him in Holy Communion. But please read FAQ Communion Posture. Also keep your eye open for a parish (hopefully) near you that should eventually schedule celebrations according to the Tridentine use, in which everyone will kneel to receive Communion.

No comments:

Post a Comment