Frequency of Confession


Frequency of Confession for daily communicants
Question from on 07-31-2007:
I know the Church desires that people go to confession frequently - as in monthly, and I agree -- it's ideal. I also know that the "rules" say once a year is sufficient.

Is there a different rule for people who are daily communicants? Are they supposed to go to confession more often? Is it ok to go to daily communion if you don't go to confession more than every 8 weeks or so?

Thanks!
Answer by Rev. Mark J. Gantley, JCL on 07-31-2007:
I don't know if I would say that once a year is sufficient but rather once a year for grave sins is the absolute minimum.

There is no requirement that those who go to daily Mass go to confession more often. However, often those growing in holiness do make frequent use of the sacrament as they often see its great benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment