What is Mystical Prayer

Document Title: "What is Mystical Prayer
Question from on 04-25-2007:
Blessed Greetings Father Levis

You suggested that I be introduced to mystical prayer.

I am in a very rural area so I do not have an easy opportunity to seek out a personal priest to guide me. Our family must travel 17 miles to attend mass at a mission parish. The priest must travel 30 miles to serve our mission parish. The next closest parish is 50 miles away in the opposite direction.

I serve God and my parish by being active. I teach CCD to the high School youth. Am on the parish council. I’m an Eucharistic minister. And help out whenever there is a need. I seek Our Priests help and guidance often. I am active in receiving the sacraments including the sacrament of reconciliation, which is where I believe the priest recognized my need.

I have been blessed with a good parish priest who I feel recognized my need for deeper insight into my spiritual needs. He has loaned me and recommended that I read Interior Castle by St. Teresa of Avila. I am currently doing just that, but only about 25% complete. I also have in my possession the collected works of St. John of the Cross, but haven’t started reading that book yet

My question is What"

No comments:

Post a Comment