Anniversary Blessing

Document Title: "Anniversary Blessing
Question from on 04-22-2007:
Today my husband and I attended our 25th Wedding Anniversary Blessing. It was held in a Cathedral. The Gospel was read and everything seemed to me that a Mass was taking place. As we were in the moment of this very meaningful time in our lives I realize that it wouldn't be a Mass but a Blessing. Well I was upset to say the least. It was really my fault. I made an assumption instead of checking it out.

We were so very happy and proud. Good proud. We had invited our children and other family members. They had asked if it would be a mass, I really thought that it would be so I said of course.

WELL, IT WASN'T A MASS!!!

I told my family that now they have to go to confession. My son disagreed by saying he didn't miss mass on purpose. We all thought we'd be at Mass. What is true and not true? Please help.
Answer by Rev. Mark J. Gantley, JCL on 04-23-2007:
It was a mistake made in good conscience, not a sin. Your son is correct."

No comments:

Post a Comment