parts of mass

Technorati Tags: , ,
Question from Sandy Peters on 5/25/2008:

I am wondering is it going against cannon law to show a slide show at mass just before the final blessing? During our confirmation mass that was celebrated by our priest because the bishop was ill, the youth minister showed a slide show of the JR. high retreat. My father-in-law said that was not rightthat it is detering form the mass and can't do that because of cnnon law, I said you could as long as all points of the mass were convered. Who is right?
Answer by Rev. Mark J. Gantley, JCL on 5/26/2008:

I suppose this was done as part of the "announcements" in a broad sense. This is the time of Mass when announcements are permitted.

If such a slide show was necessary, I think that it would have been better to end the Mass completely and then show the slides. But at long as it was done at the time of the announcements, I suppose that it is not in violation of the letter of the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment