holy quotes

B
y having the water thrice poured on us and ascending again up from the water, we enact that saving burial and resurrection which took place on the third day. We do so with this thought in our mind, that as we have power over the water, both to be in it and arise out of it, so He, too, who has the universe at His sovereign disposal, immersed Himself in death, as we in the water, to return to His own blessedness.

St. Gregory of Nyssa (330-395AD) on Baptism
I may love by halves, I may obey by halves; I cannot believe by halves: either I have faith, or I have it not.

Venerable John Henry Cardinal Newman (1801-1890AD) on Faith
It is He, it is only He Who can quench the deep and mysterious thirst of your spirits. Jesus, Jesus; He is the light and salvation of the world and each of us.

Pope Paul VI (1897-1978AD)


No comments:

Post a Comment